This is what i afraid about. That’s why i too care about my healthy especially what food i taken for a day. One of cholesterol problems ia Atherosclerosis. This disease is the thickening of the walls of the arteries due the excess cholesterol which cannot be excreted fast enough by the blood circulatory system and are therefore deposited in artery walls. This substances build up in the inner lining of an artery is called plaque. The plaque can affect any artery but the most serious effects are in the heart, brain and kidney.
High cholesterol is a condition that can lead to serious disease if not checked. Cholesterol is a fatty substance that is normally produced in the human body. It is needed to form cell walls an to make many hormones. Low density lipoprotein (LDL) carries cholesterol to various parts of the body. LDL cholesterol is known as the bad cholesterol because a high level of it causes heart disease. Health problems start it the total blood cholesterol is continually high with more LDL cholesterol. There are usually no symptoms until the cholesterol deposits are big enough to cause partial or complete blockage of the arteries.
Each of us should prevent atherosclerosis with reduce weight. If overweight, a person should consume food with less fat. Fat intake can be reduced by:
• Using less oil in cooking
• Removing the skin and fat of poultry before cooking
• Avoiding deep frying food
• Using low fat or skimmed milk instead of full cream milk for cooking.
Eating less high-cholesterol food will also help to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis. Example of food containing high, moderate and low levels of cholesterol. Below is the description about that:
• High cholesterol food : fat red meat, organ meat, hard cheese, whole milk, cream, eggs, shellfish, crabs, prawns, lobster, squid, chocolate, butter, lard, coconut oil and hard margarine.
• Moderate cholesterol food : lean red meat, soft cheese, ice cream, cake, pastries, mayonnaise and egg noodles.
• Low cholesterol food: lean white meat, cottage cheese, soya milk, low-fat yoghurt, fish, nuts, fresh fruit, vegetable, rice, bread, vegetable oil, palm oil, olive oil, corn oil and soft margarine.
Remember one of the most important think is exercises. Make your life more healthy with low cholesterol food and exercises for long lasting life.